Krazy Shrimp Recipe: This Easy Asian Ketchup Shrimp Recipe Is on the Table in 20 Minutes by Gwen Johnson
Ketchup shrimp? Sounds a little bizarre, but this classic Asian dish works. It just does. Serve this easy ketchup shrimp recipe with rice and a vegetable.
Prep Time: 10 minutes
Cook Time: 5 minutes
Total Time: 15 minutes
- 1 pound shrimp, heads removed, deveined and tails left intact
- 2 tablespoons cooking oil (divided)
- 1 1-inch piece fresh ginger
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 3 green onions, chopped
- 1/4 cup ketchup
- 1 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
- 2 tablespoons Shaoxing wine
- 1 tablespoon lite soy sauce
Here's how to make it:
- Heat 1 tablespoon of the oil in a large skillet or wok over medium-high heat. Add the shrimp and cook for about 30 seconds to 1 minute, or until about halfway cooked through. Remove and set aside.
- Reduce heat. Add the remaining 1 tablespoon of cooking oil. Add the ginger and cook 30 seconds. Add the garlic and green onions and cook 30 more seconds.
- Add the ketchup, Worcestershire sauce, Shaoxing wine and soy sauce. Put the shrimp and any juice from the plate into the wok. Season with salt and pepper, to taste. Cook about 1 to 2 minutes, stirring, until shrimp are completely cooked through and sauce has thickened. Serve over rice.
Related Products on Amazon We Think You May Like:
Woks $10 & Up
Ketchup $2 & Up
Cooking Oil $3 & Up
Lite Soy Sauce $3 & Up
Worcestershire Sauce $2 & Up
Shaoxing Wine $7 & Up
30Second Mobile, Inc. is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.