20-Minute Asian Ketchup Shrimp Recipe: An Overlooked Classic Stir-fry Recipe by 30Seconds Food
We know cashew chicken, beef and broccoli, sweet and sour pork and orange chicken, but ketchup shrimp? Sounds a little bizarre, but this classic Asian recipe works. It just does. Ketchup shrimp is simply stir-fried shrimp that's cooked in a sauce that contains ketchup. The ketchup adds creaminess, richness and flavor to this shrimp recipe.
Another bonus with this classic shrimp recipe is that it has minimal prep and cooks in five minutes. You can have this easy Asian seafood dinner on the table in less than (less than!) 20 minutes. Perfect for those busy weeknights.
Serve this easy ketchup shrimp recipe with rice and a vegetable. Fried rice would be excellent with this quick Asian meal. Try our hibachi fried rice, Korean bulgogi fried rice, garlic and green peas fried rice or Cantonese fried rice.
Prep Time: 10 minutes
Cook Time: 5 minutes
Total Time: 15 minutes
- 1 pound shrimp, heads removed, deveined and tails left intact
- 2 tablespoons cooking oil (divided)
- 1 1-inch piece fresh ginger
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 3 green onions, chopped
- 1/4 cup ketchup
- 1 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
- 2 tablespoons Shaoxing wine
- 1 tablespoon reduced-sodium soy sauce
Here's how to make it:
- Heat 1 tablespoon of the oil in a large skillet or wok over medium-high heat. Add the shrimp and cook for about 30 seconds to 1 minute, or until about halfway cooked through. Remove and set aside.
- Reduce heat. Add the remaining 1 tablespoon of cooking oil. Add the ginger and cook 30 seconds. Add the garlic and green onions and cook 30 more seconds.
- Add the ketchup, Worcestershire sauce, Shaoxing wine and soy sauce. Put the shrimp and any juice from the plate into the wok. Season with salt and pepper, to taste. Cook about 1 to 2 minutes, stirring, until shrimp are completely cooked through and sauce has thickened. Serve over rice.
Note: 30Seconds is a participant in the Amazon affiliate advertising program and this post contains affiliate links, which means we may earn a commission or fees if you make a purchase via those links.
Recipe cooking times and servings are approximate. Need to convert cooking and baking measurements? Here are some kitchen conversion charts. Here's how to submit your recipes to 30Seconds.
Take 30 seconds and join the 30Seconds community, and follow us on Facebook to get recipes in your newsfeed daily.
Related Products on Amazon We Think You May Like:
Woks $10 & Up
Ketchup $2 & Up
Cooking Oil $3 & Up
Lite Soy Sauce $3 & Up
Worcestershire Sauce $2 & Up
Shaoxing Wine $7 & Up
30Second Mobile, Inc. is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.