Debi Lilly's Grilled Pizza Recipe: Fire Up the Grill & Have a Pizza Party This Weekend by Debi Lilly
What family wouldn't love grilled pizza for dinner? You know your family best, so customize the toppings to make them happy.
- 1 ball pizza dough (about 1 pound, can buy or make)
- 1 jar tomato sauce (can buy or make)
- 1 package shredded mozzarella
- 1 package grated Parmesan
- 1 package Italian cheese, shredded
- favorite toppings: crumbled sausage, basil, chopped red pepper, chopped red onion, pepperoni, salami, prosciutto, diced tomatoes, etc.
Here's how to make it:
- Heat the grill. Aim for high, 550 degrees F. If you have a choice of heat source, choose direct heat.
- Set out toppings on boards or bowls. Turn the kitchen island into a pizza party with dough, cutting boards to roll out dough and ingredients all at hand.
- Roll your dough. Cornmeal your cutting board surface to help prevent sticking. It should be stretched or rolled out into a thin circle.
- Grill one side of the pizza. Place dough round on the grill. Let the dough cook for about 3-5 minutes. Use the spatula to check how it is doing. You want grill marks on it, but you don't want the dough to get crispy; it should be just set.
- Top the pizza. Remove dough from the grill when the first side is set and golden brown. The dough should come up easily and flip without tearing. Place dough on board or platter with the cooked side facing down, so uncooked side faces up. Bring it to the kitchen island spread of toppings. Add a thin layer of sauce, some cheese and toppings.
- Cook the pizza. Add pizzas to the grill. Put the lid on and cook for 5-10 minutes. Use your sense of smell; if the pizza smells like it's scorching, take the lid off and move the pizza to a cooler part of the grill or turn the heat down. Watch that the crust doesn’t burn.
- Remove the finished pizza. Lift pizza off with the spatula. Let cool for about 3 minutes, then cut into pieces and eat!
Related Products on Amazon We Think You May Like:
Outdoor Grills $30 & Up
Indoor Grills $25 & Up
Pizza Cookbooks $3 & Up
Pizza Peels $10 & Up
Pizza Cutters $5 & Up
Pizza Ovens $25 & Up
Pizza Box Oven $32
Cornmeal $2 & Up
30Second Mobile, Inc. is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.