Best Grilled Pizza Recipe: Fire Up the Grill & Have an Outdoor Pizza Party With This Easy Grilled Pizza Recipe by Debi Lilly
If you've never grilled a pizza before, you're in for a special treat. Grilling a pizza is not only easy, but also delicious (and so much fun)! You know your family best, so customize the toppings to make everyone happy. They can make their pizza just the way they like it. So fire up the grill and have an outdoor pizza party this weekend (or anytime).
Cuisine: Italian and American
Prep Time: 10 minutes
Cook Time: 15 to 20 minutes
Total Time: 25 to 30 minutes
Servings: Makes one pizza (larger or smaller depending on how thick you like your crust)
- 1 ball pizza dough (about 1 pound, can buy or make)
- 16 ounces pizza sauce (can buy or make)
- Shredded mozzarella cheese (to taste)
- Grated Parmesan cheese (to taste)
- Shredded Italian cheese (to taste)
- favorite toppings: crumbled sausage, basil, chopped red and green pepper, chopped red onion, pepperoni, salami, prosciutto, diced tomatoes, mushrooms, etc.
Here's how to make it:
- Heat the grill: Aim for high, 550 degrees F. If you have a choice of heat source, choose direct heat.
- Set out toppings on boards or bowls: Turn your table into a pizza party with dough, cutting boards to roll out dough and ingredients all at hand.
- Roll your dough: Sprinkle cornmeal on your cutting board surface to help prevent sticking. It should be stretched or rolled out into a thin circle.
- Grill one side of the pizza: Place dough round on the grill. Let the dough cook for about 3-5 minutes. Use a large metal spatula to check how it is doing. You want grill marks on it, but you don't want the dough to get crispy; it should be just set.
- Top the pizza: Remove dough from the grill when the first side is set and golden brown. The dough should come up easily and flip without tearing. Place dough on board or platter with the cooked side facing down, so uncooked side faces up. Bring it to the table spread of toppings. Add a thin layer of sauce, some cheese and toppings.
- Cook the pizza: Add pizza to the grill. Put the lid on and cook for 5-10 minutes. Use your sense of smell; if the pizza smells like it's scorching, take the lid off and move the pizza to a cooler part of the grill or turn the heat down. Watch that the crust doesn’t burn.
- Remove the finished pizza: Lift pizza off with the spatula. Let cool for about 3 minutes, then cut into pieces and eat!
Related Products on Amazon We Think You May Like:
Outdoor Grills $30 & Up
Indoor Grills $25 & Up
Pizza Cookbooks $3 & Up
Pizza Peels $10 & Up
Pizza Cutters $5 & Up
Pizza Ovens $25 & Up
Pizza Box Oven $32
Cornmeal $2 & Up
30Second Mobile, Inc. is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.