Trisha Yearwood's Crispy Taco Chicken Recipe With Cilantro Lime Crema by Donna John
Taco ... chicken? Oh, my. When Trisha Yearwood made this recipe on her Food Network show, Trisha's Southern Kitchen, the menu for that night changed immediately. This easy taco chicken recipe is a keeper.
This is the easiest chicken recipe to make! It starts with taco seasoning and a chicken, so there's minimal prep. The creamy, tart, cilantro lime crema is tasty, but if you're short on time, you could skip it or open a bottle of avocado or cilantro ranch. Thank you, Miss Yearwood.
Prep Time: 1 to 24 hours to marinate
Cook Time: 45 minutes
Total Time: 1 hour and 45 minutes
- 2 - 3 pounds chicken pieces
- 1 red onion, cut into wedges
- 1 package taco seasoning (I used Old El Paso taco seasoning)
- 1 tablespoon olive oil (Trisha's recipe calls for vegetable oil)
Cilantro Lime Crema Sauce
- 1/3 cup Mexican crema or sour cream
- 3 tablespoons lime juice
- 1 teaspoon lime zest
- 2 tablespoons chopped cilantro
Here's how to make it:
- Put the chicken and onion into a plastic zipper bag. Add the taco seasoning and oil. Shake to coat and allow it to marinate in the fridge for a few hours or overnight.
- To make sauce, combine all the ingredients in a bowl. Season with salt and pepper, to taste. Refrigerate until ready to use.
- Place chicken on a baking sheet. Bake in a preheated 425-degree F oven for about 45 minutes, or until cooked through. Serve with sauce.
Related Products on Amazon We Think You May Like:
Taco Seasoning $1 & Up
Old El Paso Taco Seasoning $1 & Up
Olive Oil $4 & Up
Vegetable Oil $3 & Up
30Second Mobile, Inc. is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.