National Meatball Day: 3 Ways to Get Ready for Spaghetti Plus 12 Meatball Recipes by 30Seconds Food
1. Identify the meatball king (or queen) in your city. Restaurants across the country are celebrating with special offers on meatballs on March 9. Pull a few friends together and go try them out! Let us know who reigns supreme in your city.
2. Throw a mead and meatball party. Wine and cheese is soooooo boring. Meat. Meatballs. Done. You'll easily be the coolest kid on your block for the week or so.
3. Learn Nonna's recipe for meatballs. Food from grandma's house just tastes better – isn't it time you figured out her secret? Is there a special herb, a shortcut, a special way of cooking? Spend some time with your grandma today, and you'll have more than a delicious dinner to show for it.
Here are some delicious meatball recipes to try:
- Rao's Classic Meatballs: "We’re sharing our secret recipe for the best Italian meatballs in the world," Rao's states on the their website. "Easy to make in big batches to freeze for later, or enjoy them tonight in a pot of marinara sauce over pasta or roasted vegetables. They’re light, tender and unbelievably delicious."
- Pork & Quinoa Meatballs Spaghetti: Want to add protein, fiber, essential amino acids, magnesium (to name a few!) to your meatballs? This pork meatball recipe packs a super-healthy punch with the addition of quinoa – and tastes amazing! Not a big pork person? Substitute ground beef, turkey or chicken.
- Turkey Meatballs With Spicy Basil and Burrata Sauce: Meatballs are all the rage! Here’s my recipe for turkey meatballs in a spicy basil and burrata red sauce. Yum!
- Swedish Meatballs: An astounding two million meatballs are eaten in IKEA's 340 stores worldwide every day. Now that's a lot of köttbullar! Here’s Chef Gigi's take on the Swedish meatball. Serve with a side of lingonberry jam for a traditional Swedish meal.
- Sun-dried Tomato Meatballs: Sun-dried tomatoes pack so much flavor into these moist meatballs. It makes a lot, so freeze some for another time.
- Meatball Casserole: This easy meatball casserole will be your to-go recipe for those busy weeknights. Serve with garlic bread and a salad for a hearty, kid-friendly meal.
- Cocktail Meatballs: These little appetizer meatballs are a delicious start to kick off any party. Yum! Make a batch of them ASAP!
- Porcupine Meatballs: Why are they called porcupine meatballs? We're assuming it's because the rice can stick out of the meatball and look like a porcupine's quills.
- Mexican-Style Meatball Soup: "Soup helps stretch the family dinner budget while filling up those bellies with fresh, whole-food ingredients you just made and carefully chose yourself," says Rachel Maser, mom of four and founder/creator of the clean eating blog, Clean Food Crush®. Rachel often doubles this meatball soup recipe because it tastes even better the next day and freezes well.
- Teriyaki Meatball Kebabs: Teriyaki meatball kebabs are a quick & easy dinner or a fun appetizer for your next party. Kids love 'em!
- Basic Homemade Meatballs: This delicious and quick recipe can be used for meatballs or burgers – or both! Just make plenty, cook and freeze for a second meal.
- Potsticker Chicken Meatballs: Love potstickers but trying to keep your carbs low? Just eat the filling! These delicious meatballs are easy to throw together any night of the week.
Note: 30Seconds is a participant in the Amazon affiliate advertising program and this post contains affiliate links, which means we may earn a commission or fees if you make a purchase via those links.
Related Products on Amazon We Think You May Like:
30Second Mobile, Inc. is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.