Best Healthy Snacks: Mashed Pea Spread May Give Avocado Toast a Run for Its Money by 30Seconds Food
If you love that green toast (aka avocado toast), who says the green part has to be avocado? This lemony mashed pea spread recipe is refreshing and healthy. Serve on toasted bread, crackers or grilled chicken breasts, spread on endive leaves or dip fresh veggies in it. The spread would also be a fresh addition to a charcuterie board. Change the flavor by adding fresh herbs when pulsing.
- 2 cups fresh or frozen peas
- 1 tablespoon tahini
- 2 tablespoons freshly squeezed lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon lemon zest
- 1/4 teaspoon garlic powder
Here’s how to make it:
- Steam or boil the peas for about 2 minutes. Drain.
- Add peas, tahini, lemon juice, lemon zest, garlic powder, salt and pepper, to taste, to a blender.
- Pulse until desired consistency. Taste and add more salt, pepper, lemon and garlic powder, if needed. Serve or store in the refrigerator until ready to use.
Take 30 seconds and join the 30Seconds community. Inspire and be inspired.
Related Products on Amazon We Think You May Like:
30Second Mobile, Inc. is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.