Easy Texas Caviar Recipe Is the Best "Cowboy Caviar" Bean Salsa Recipe by Tiffany Zook
Texas Caviar is a delicious bean salsa that's typically accompanied by tortilla chips. Texas caviar was created in Texas around 1940 by Helen Corbitt, who went on to become director of food service at Neiman Marcus in Dallas, Texas.
Corbitt first served the dish on New Year's Eve in Houston, then later in Austin, where it was given the name Texas Caviar (though it's also known as Cowboy Caviar). This recipe even includes black-eyed peas for good luck in the New Year!
Whether you serve this delicious salsa recipe as an appetizer for a weekend get-together or just as a weekday snack, this healthy bean dip recipe needs to be in your recipe rotation. It's so easy – just toss everything into one bowl.
Serve this nutritious salsa recipe with tortilla chips or potato chips – and throw in some chopped avocado to add a fresh and creamy punch.
Prep Time: 10 minutes
Cook Time: 0 minutes
Total Time: 10 minutes
- 1 can pinto beans, rinsed and drained
- 1 can black beans, rinsed and drained
- 1 can black-eyed peas, rinsed and drained
- 1 can white corn, rinsed and drained
- 1 jar chopped pimentos, rinsed and drained
- 1 cup chopped celery
- 1/2 cup chopped sweet onion
- 1 chopped jalapeño
- 1 clove garlic, chopped
- 1 handful chopped cilantro
- 3/4 cup apple cider vinegar
- 1/2 cup vegetable oil
- 1/4 cup sugar
Here's how to make it:
- Put the black beans, pinto beans, black-eyed peas and corn into a large mixing bowl. Toss together.
- Add all the remaining ingredients and mix to combine.
- Season with salt and pepper, to taste. Stir to combine and chill until ready to serve.
Note: 30Seconds is a participant in the Amazon affiliate advertising program and this post contains affiliate links, which means we may earn a commission or fees if you make a purchase via those links.
Recipe cooking times and servings are approximate. Need to convert cooking and baking measurements? Here are some kitchen conversion charts. Here's how to submit your recipes to 30Seconds.
Take 30 seconds and join the 30Seconds community, and follow us on Facebook to get recipes in your newsfeed daily.
Related Products on Amazon We Think You May Like:
Pinto Beans $1 & Up
Black Beans $1 & Up
Black-eyed Peas $1 & Up
White Corn $1 & Up
Pimentos $2 & Up
Apple Cider Vinegar $1 & Up
Vegetable Oil $3 & Up
Granulated Sugar $3 & Up
Tortilla Chips $2 & Up
30Second Mobile, Inc. is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.