Easy Texas Caviar Recipe: A Healthy & Delicious Bean Salsa Recipe (AKA Cowboy Caviar) by Tiffany Zook
Texas Caviar is a delicious bean salsa that's typically accompanied by tortilla chips. Texas caviar was created in Texas around 1940 by Helen Corbitt, who went on to become director of food service at Neiman Marcus in Dallas, Texas. Corbitt first served the dish on New Year's Eve in Houston, then later in Austin, where it was given the name Texas Caviar (though it's also known as Cowboy Caviar).
Whether you serve this delicious salsa recipe as an appetizer for a weekend get-together or just as a weekday snack, this healthy bean dip needs to be in your recipe rotation. So easy – just toss everything into one bowl. Serve with tortilla chips or potato chips – and throw in some chopped avocado to add a creamy punch.
Prep Time: 10 minutes
Cook Time: 0 minutes
Total Time: 10 minutes
- 1 can pinto beans, rinsed and drained
- 1 can black beans, rinsed and drained
- 1 can black-eyed peas, rinsed and drained
- 1 can white corn, rinsed and drained
- 1 jar chopped pimentos, rinsed and drained
- 1 cup chopped celery
- 1/2 cup chopped sweet onion
- 1 chopped jalapeño
- 1 clove garlic, chopped
- 1 handful chopped cilantro
- 3/4 cup apple cider vinegar
- 1/2 cup vegetable oil
- 1/4 cup sugar
Here's how to make it:
- Put the black beans, pinto beans, black-eyed peas and corn into a bowl. Toss together.
- Add all the remaining ingredients and season with salt and pepper, to taste. Stir to combine. Chill until ready to serve.
Related Products on Amazon We Think You May Like:
Pinto Beans $1 & Up
Black Beans $1 & Up
Black-eyed Peas $1 & Up
White Corn $1 & Up
Pimentos $2 & Up
Apple Cider Vinegar $1 & Up
Vegetable Oil $3 & Up
Granulated Sugar $3 & Up
Tortilla Chips $2 & Up
30Second Mobile, Inc. is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.