Chocolate Pomegranate Cups Recipe: This 2-Ingredient Christmas Candy Is Almost Too Pretty to Eat by 30Seconds Food
"Serve these chocolate pomegranate cups and the holidays – and clean eating – have never looked so festive!" says Rachel Maser, mom of four and founder/creator of the clean eating blog, Clean Food Crush®, despite some rumors, pomegranate seeds can be eaten. "And they are good for you, too! So eat the entire aril and seed ... no spitting allowed!"
How beautiful would these chocolate pomegranate Christmas candies look on your dessert table or on your holiday cookie tray? With the health benefits of dark chocolate, you'll feel good about eating them, too. (Everything in moderation!)
Prep Time: 20 minutes
Cook Time: 5 minutes
Total Time: 25 minutes
- 1 cup dark chocolate melted with 1 tablespoon unrefined coconut oil
- 1 large pomegranate
- 2 fresh rosemary sprigs, for garnish (optional)
Here’s how to make them:
- Line a mini muffin-tin with mini cupcake liners. Pour about 2 teaspoonfuls of melted chocolate into each cup.
- Top the cups with a spoonful of pomegranate arils.
- Using a spoon, swirl melted chocolate all over the seeds.
- Refrigerate for 15 minutes or until the chocolate sets. Pop them out of the tin, unwrap and arrange on a large platter. Decorate with rosemary sprigs for a festive touch. They will stay good in the fridge for up to 3 days.
- Note: To easily remove the pomegranate seeds, fill a large bowl with 1/3 of water. Score four lines from top to bottom to quarter the pomegranate and submerge the quarters in the water. Gently release the seeds with your hands. The pith will float and the seeds will sink, so remove the pith and discard, then drain the seeds. Pat seeds dry with paper towels.
Photos courtesy of Clean Food Crush.
Note: 30Seconds is a participant in the Amazon affiliate advertising program and this post contains affiliate links, which means we may earn a commission or fees if you make a purchase via those links.
Recipe cooking times and servings are approximate. Need to convert cooking and baking measurements? Here are some kitchen conversion charts. Here's how to submit your recipes to 30Seconds.
Take 30 seconds and join the 30Seconds community, and follow us on Facebook to get recipes in your newsfeed daily.
Related Products on Amazon We Think You May Like:
Dark Chocolate $3 & Up
Unrefined Coconut Oil $6 & Up
Mini Muffin Pans $8 & Up
Mini Muffin Liners $4 & Up
30Second Mobile, Inc. is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.