This Peppermint Candy Cane Ice Cream Recipe Is All You Need for Christmas by Gwen Johnson
Prep Time: 1 hour (approximately) plus time to freeze
Cook Time: 0 minutes
Total Time: 1 hour plus time to freeze
- 4 cups half and half
- 6 cups heavy whipping cream
- 2 cups sugar
- 1 tablespoon vanilla
- dash of salt
- 1/4 - 1/2 teaspoon peppermint extract
- 12 candy canes, crushed fine in a blender or food processor
- 4 candy canes coarsely crushed (added after churning)
- chopped or whole candy canes
Here’s how to make it:
- In the ice cream maker’s container, combine all the ice cream ingredients except the 4 coarsely crushed candy canes. Mix well.
- Churn the ice cream according to the manufacturer’s directions, using the rock salt and ice.
- When ice cream is done, stir in the coarsely chopped candy canes. Transfer the ice cream to a large airtight container and freeze at least 5 hours before serving. (You can freeze overnight.) Serve with more chopped candy canes or whole candy canes for garnish.
Related Products on Amazon We Think You May Like:
Vanilla $4 & Up
Sugar $3 & Up
Peppermint Extract $3 & Up
Candy Canes $2 & Up
Ice Cream Makers $15 & Up
Rock Salt $3 & Up
Blenders $25 & Up
Food Processors $20 & Up
Chocolate Chips $3 & Up
30Second Mobile, Inc. is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.