Peppermint Candy Cane Ice Cream Is All You Need for Christmas by Gwen Johnson
After tasting the first bite, this peppermint ice cream recipe became a holiday tradition in my family. One year we even stirred in some chocolate chips. Amazing.
- 4 cups half and half
- 6 cups heavy whipping cream
- 2 cups sugar
- 1 tablespoon vanilla
- dash of salt
- 1/4 - 1/2 teaspoon peppermint extract
- 12 candy canes, crushed fine in a blender or food processor
- 4 candy canes coarsely crushed (added after churning)
- chopped or whole candy canes
Here’s how to make it:
- In the ice cream maker’s container, combine all the ice cream ingredients except the 4 coarsely crushed candy canes. Mix well.
- Churn the ice cream according to the manufacturer’s directions, using the rock salt and ice.
- When ice cream is done, stir in the coarsely chopped candy canes. Transfer the ice cream to a large airtight container and freeze at least 5 hours before serving. (You can freeze overnight.) Serve with more chopped candy canes or whole candy canes for garnish.
Take 30 seconds and join the 30Seconds community. Inspire and be inspired.
Related Products on Amazon We Think You May Like:
Vanilla $4 & Up
Sugar $3 & Up
Peppermint Extract $3 & Up
Candy Canes $2 & Up
Ice Cream Makers $15 & Up
Rock Salt $3 & Up
Blenders $25 & Up
Food Processors $20 & Up
Chocolate Chips $3 & Up
30Second Mobile, Inc. is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.