Chef Adrianne Calvo's Garlic Lemon Butter Steamed Artichokes With Farro Recipe Will Blow Your Mind by Chef Adrianne Calvo
Entertaining season is here! Here’s a recipe from my latest cookbook, The A-List: Chef Adrianne's Finest, Volume l, that’s perfect for enjoying with a nice bottle of wine, great conversation and is easily shareable.
- 1 artichoke
- 1/4 cup butter, unsalted
- 1 tablespoon garlic, minced
- 1/4 cup white wine
- 1 tablespoon lemon
- 1 teaspoon parsley, minced
- 1/4 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
- 1 teaspoon thyme, pulled from stem
- kosher salt and pepper, to taste
- 1 cup farro, cooked (steamed for 25 minutes)
- lemon, for finishing
Here's how to make it:
- Cut stem off the artichoke and trim off the top. Cut away first outside row of artichoke leaves. Place the artichoke in a steamer and cook for 25 minutes. Steam artichoke until knife pierces base easily.
- In a large pot, add butter and garlic. Cook for 3-4 minutes over medium-high heat. Add the artichoke, wine and lemon juice. Cook for another 3 minutes.
- Add parsley, crushed red pepper and thyme. Cover with lid and cook for 5 more minutes. Season to taste with salt and pepper. Add cooked farro.
- To serve, remove the artichoke from pot and onto a plate. Spoon extra sauce all over the artichoke and in between the leaves. Make sure the farro is spread evenly throughout the artichoke. Sprinkle with lemon.
Related Products on Amazon We Think You May Like:
Crushed Red Pepper Flakes $2 & Up
Farro $3 & Up
Steamers $10 & Up
30Second Mobile, Inc. is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.