Turkey Lasagna Recipe: Chef Adrianne Calvo's Lasagna Is What to Make With That Leftover Thanksgiving Turkey by Chef Adrianne Calvo
A Thanksgiving leftover idea that isn’t a sandwich? This easy turkey lasagna recipe will make the whole family hope for leftover turkey.
Serve this easy lasagna recipe with a salad and garlic bread. The leftovers freeze well for a quick dinner another night.
Prep Time: 10 minutes
Cook Time: 1 hour
Total Time: 1 hour and 10 minutes
Servings: 6 to 8
- 1 pound no-boil lasagna noodles
- kosher salt
- 2 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
- 6 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 onion, finely chopped
- 2 tablespoons tomato paste
- 1 pound turkey leftovers
- 1 can (28 ounces) crushed tomatoes
- 1/4 cup torn basil
- 1 container (16 ounces) ricotta
- 1/2 cup grated Parmesan, plus more for sprinkling
- 2 tablespoons freshly chopped parsley
- 1 egg
- 1 pound fresh mozzarella, sliced
Here's how to make it:
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees F. Grease a large large baking sheet with cooking spray.
- In a large skillet over medium heat, heat oil. Add onion and cook until soft, about 5 minutes. Stir in tomato paste and then add turkey. Cook, breaking up the meat with a wooden spoon, about 5 minutes.
- Add tomatoes and basil. If the mixture is too thick, fill tomato can about a quarter full with water. Season with salt and pepper and let simmer 20 minutes.
- In a medium bowl, stir together ricotta, Parmesan, parsley, egg and garlic. Season with salt and pepper.
- In the bottom of a large baking dish, spoon a thin layer of sauce. Add a layer of cooked noodles, overlapping them slightly. Spread about a third of ricotta mixture over noodles, top with sauce, then top with a layer of mozzarella. Repeat to make three layers.
- Bake until lasagna is bubbling and cheese is melted, about 35 minutes.
Note: 30Seconds is a participant in the Amazon affiliate advertising program and this post contains affiliate links, which means we may earn a commission or fees if you make a purchase via those links.
Need to convert cooking and baking measurements? Here are some kitchen conversion charts. Here's how to submit your recipes to 30Seconds.
Take 30 seconds and join the 30Seconds community, and follow us on Facebook to get recipes in your newsfeed daily.
Related Products on Amazon We Think You May Like:
No-Boil Lasagna Noodles $2 & Up
Kosher Salt $2 & Up
Extra Virgin Olive Oil $4 & Up
Tomato Paste $1 & Up
Crushed Tomatoes $2 & Up
30Second Mobile, Inc. is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.