Thanksgiving Side Dishes: This Whipped Provenćal Mashed Potatoes Recipe Is Lick-the-Bowl Good by Java Hemmat
Family, friends and food! At Hummus Chick, we are indulging in cozy holiday recipes, and this simple classic mashed potato was a hit in our kitchen. Creamy and fluffy, this whipped Provenćal mashed potato recipe is perfect for the holiday season.
- 8 russet potatoes, peeled and cubed
- 8 cups cold water (enough to cover an inch over the potatoes)
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 6 tablespoons unsalted butter
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 teaspoon Hummus Chick Provence or Herbes de Provence
- 1 cup whole milk or cream
Here's how to make it:
- Put the potatoes in a pot and cover with water 1 inch over the top of the potatoes. Season water with salt, to taste. Bring to a boil and then reduce heat to simmer. Cook for 20 minutes or until tender.
- In a saucepan set over medium heat, melt butter. Add the garlic, Provence seasoning and cream until everything is incorporated.
- Drain the potatoes and put them back in the bowl if you're using an electric mixer or place the potatoes in a food processor. Start blending and slowly pour in the butter/cream mixture. Taste and adjust seasoning, if necessary. Garnish with chives and/or parsley. Serve warm.
Photo: Hummus Chick
Related Products on Amazon We Think You May Like:
30Second Mobile, Inc. is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.