Easy Eggplant Stuffing Recipe Gives a Traditional Thanksgiving Side Dish a Remix by Gwen Johnson
The texture of eggplant in this easy stuffing recipe is an unexpected surprise. Add more or less chicken broth depending on how moist you like your stuffing. Sometimes I'll add some ground sage.
Prep Time: 10 minutes
Cook Time: 1 hour and 15 minutes
Total Time: 1 hour and 25 minutes
- 3 medium eggplant, peeled and cut into cubes
- olive oil
- 3 cups dry bread cubes
- 1 cup chopped celery
- 1 onion, chopped
- 1 stick butter
- 3 teaspoons fresh chopped thyme leaves
- 3 eggs
- 1/3 cup chicken broth or vegetable broth
Here’s how to make it:
- Toss the eggplant cubes in a little olive oil. Season with salt and pepper. Pour onto a baking pan and cook in a preheated 400-degree F oven for about 30 minutes. Set aside.
- Melt the butter in a skillet. Add the celery and onion and cook until soft.
- Add the eggs, thyme, chicken broth, bread cubes and eggplant and mix well. Season with salt and pepper, to taste.
- Pour into a casserole dish that's been coated lightly with nonstick cooking spray. Bake for about 40 to 45 minutes, adding more broth, if needed.
Related Products on Amazon We Think You May Like:
Olive Oil $4 & Up
Baking Dishes $8 & Up
Nonstick Cooking Spray $3 & Up
Chicken Broth $1 & Up
Vegetable Broth $1 & Up
Ground Sage $3 & Up
30Second Mobile, Inc. is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.