Cinnamon Toast Muffin Recipe: Everything You Love About French Toast in a Muffin by 30Seconds Food
French toast in muffin form? Uh, yes, please. This easy French toast muffin recipe is versatile enough for breakfast on the go or a sit-down Sunday brunch with friends and family.
The batter is simply milk, eggs, sugar, vanilla, cinnamon and cubed bread. You can use whatever firm bread you enjoy, but challah, brioche, white bread, French bread and croissants are all great choices. Serve this moist muffin recipe with maple syrup, caramel sauce or sweet bourbon butterscotch sauce, if desired.
Prep Time: 10 minutes
Cook Time: 25 minutes
Total Time: 35 minutes
Servings: Makes about 12 muffins
- 1 1/2 cups milk
- 5 eggs
- 2 tablespoons granulated sugar
- 2 1/2 teaspoons vanilla
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 6 cups cubed bread (challah, brioche, white, French bread or croissants work well)
- 1/4 cup butter
- 1/4 cup brown sugar
- 1/4 cup flour
- 1/4 teaspoon cinnamon
- dash salt
Here’s how to make them:
- Put all the streusel ingredients into a bowl. Cut with a pastry blender or use your fingers to blend until it forms a crumbly topping. Set aside.
- For the muffins, combine the milk, eggs, sugar, vanilla and cinnamon in a bowl. Add bread and stir gently to combine.
- Coat 12 muffin cups with nonstick cooking spray. Divide the bread mixture between the muffin tins (about 1/3 cup for each muffin). Sprinkle with the streusel topping.
- Bake in a preheated 350-degree F oven for about 20 to 25 minutes, or until golden brown.
Note: 30Seconds is a participant in the Amazon affiliate advertising program and this post contains affiliate links, which means we may earn a commission or fees if you make a purchase via those links.
Recipe cooking times and servings are approximate. Need to convert cooking and baking measurements? Here are some kitchen conversion charts. Here's how to submit your recipes to 30Seconds.
Take 30 seconds and join the 30Seconds community, and follow us on Facebook to get recipes in your newsfeed daily.
Related Products on Amazon We Think You May Like:
White Sugar $3 & Up
Vanilla $4 & Up
Ground Cinnamon $3 & Up
Brown Sugar $3 & Up
Flour $3 & Up
Salt $2 & Up
Nonstick Cooking Spray $3 & Up
Muffin Tins $6 & Up
Pastry Blender $5 & Up
Maple Syrup $6 & Up
Caramel Sauce $3 & Up
30Second Mobile, Inc. is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.