This Mexican-Style Meatball Soup Recipe Will Make You Say Olé the Clean-Eating Way by 30Seconds Food
What's for dinner? This time of year, soup is a great choice, and this delicious Mexican-style meatball soup recipe will make you say olé the clean-eating way.
"Soup helps stretch the family dinner budget while filling up those bellies with fresh, whole-food ingredients you just made and carefully chose yourself," says Rachel Maser, mom of four and founder/creator of the clean eating blog Clean Food Crush®.
Rachel often doubles this beef soup recipe because it tastes even better the next day and freezes well.
Prep Time: 10 minutes
Cook Time: 25 to 30 minutes
Total Time: 35 to 40 minutes
Servings: 4 to 6
- 1 pound lean ground beef
- 1/3 cup oatmeal flour (rolled oats ground pulsed or blended into flour)
- 1 large egg
- 2 teaspoons dried oregano
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1/4 teaspoon ground coriander
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- sea salt and black pepper, to taste (about an 1/8 teaspoon each)
- 2 tablespoons olive oil or avocado oil
- 1 large yellow onion, diced
- 3 - 4 garlic cloves, minced
- 4 stalks celery, sliced thinly
- 1 large red bell pepper, diced
- 1 jar (15 ounces) diced tomatoes, with juice
- 1 can (15 ounces) black beans, drained and rinsed
- 4 cups chicken bone stock or chicken broth
- 2 fresh ears corn, corn cut from cobs
- fresh cilantro leaves
- sliced fresh jalapenos
- lime wedges and/or lime juice
Here’s how to make it:
Combine all of the meatball ingredients. Mix well. Take spoonfuls and roll into meatballs. Heat the oil in a large soup pot over medium-high heat. Add meatballs and cook until browned on all sides (they do not have to be cooked through at this point).
Add the onion, garlic, celery and bell pepper. Continue to cook until vegetables are soft, about 4 minutes.
Add the tomatoes, stock, black beans and corn. Bring to a boil, reduce heat and simmer about 15 to 18 minutes.
Stir in desired garnishes and serve.
Note: 30Seconds is a participant in the Amazon affiliate advertising program and this post contains affiliate links, which means we may earn a commission or fees if you make a purchase via those links.
Need to convert cooking and baking measurements? Here are some kitchen conversion charts. Here's how to submit your recipes to 30Seconds.
Take 30 seconds and join the 30Seconds community, and follow us on Facebook to get recipes in your newsfeed daily.
Related Products on Amazon We Think You May Like:
Rolled Oats $3 & Up
Dried Oregano $3 & Up
Ground Cumin $3 & Up
Coriander $3 & Up
Garlic Powder $3 & Up
Sea Salt $2 & Up
Black Pepper $2 & Up
Olive Oil $4 & Up
Avocado Oil $6 & Up
Diced Tomatoes $2 & Up
Black Beans $1 & Up
Chicken Stock $1 & Up
Chicken Bone Stock $3 & Up
30Second Mobile, Inc. is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.