Fried Chicken & Peach Cobbler-Glazed Waffles Recipe Is a Breakfast & Brunch Mic Drop by Sherita
Chicken and waffles can be found in restaurants all over the U.S. But have you ever heard of peach cobbler-glazed chicken and waffles? Well, you have now, and they are off-the-charts good. Brunch and breakfast will never be the same.
Prep Time: 10 minutes
Cook Time: 40 minutes
Total Time: 50 minutes
- 6 - 8 chicken wings
- 1 1/2 - 2 cups flour
- 1/2 pack saltine crackers, crushed (optional for crispy wings)
- 2 - 3 cups cooking oil
- 1 1/2 teaspoons Tony Chachere's Creole Seasoning
- 1 1/2 teaspoons black pepper
- 1 1/2 teaspoons garlic salt
- 1 1/2 teaspoons garlic powder
- 1/2 teaspoon cayenne pepper (optional for spicy wings)
- 1 1/2 cups flour
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 egg
- 1/2 cup plus 1 tablespoon sugar
- 2 tablespoon butter, softened
- 2 tablespoons shortening
- 1/2 cup half and half
- 1/2 cup milk
- 1/4 cup buttermilk
- 1/4 teaspoon vanilla
Peach Cobbler Glaze
- 1 can (15 ounces) peaches in heavy syrup
- 1/2 bag frozen peaches (small bag)
- 1/2 - 3/4 cup sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon nutmeg
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla
- 1/2 stick butter
- 1 tablespoon cornstarch
Here's how to make it:
- To make the fried chicken wings, heat the cooking oil in a cast iron skillet. Rinse the wings and season with 1 teaspoon each of the seasonings. Set aside.
- Place the flour and crushed crackers (if using) in a plastic bag or on a plate. Season with the remaining 1/2 teaspoon of each seasoning. Mix well. Dredge the chicken wings in the flour mixture and place in the hot oil.
- Cook the wings until done, about 15 minutes. Set aside when brown and crispy.
- For the waffles, combine the flour, salt and baking soda in a medium bowl. Stir to combine.
- Lightly beat the egg in another bowl. Add the sugar, butter and shortening and mix well with an electric mixer until smooth. Add the half and half, milk, buttermilk and vanilla. Mix well with a whisk.
- Add the dry flour mixture to the wet mixture and beat with a whisk until smooth. Set aside. At this point you can heat your waffle iron and spray with nonstick spray.
- For the peach cobbler glaze, heat the butter in a saucepan. As the butter melts, add the can of peaches and about half a bag (or less) of frozen peaches. Add sugar, cinnamon, nutmeg and vanilla and bring to a slight boil for about 7 minutes. Taste and adjust seasonings to your taste.
- Add the cornstarch to about 1/4 cup of water and mix well with fork to make cornstarch slurry. Pour it into the peach mixture. Simmer for about 5 to 7 minutes, stirring occasionally. Remove from heat.
- Spoon 1/3 to 1/2 cup of waffle batter into the waffle iron and cook until nicely browned. Plate waffles, then chicken wings on the side and pour peach cobbler glaze over the waffles. Add a dollop of whipped cream in the center if you like.
Related Products on Amazon We Think You May Like:
Flour $3 & Up
Saltine Crackers $3 & Up
Cooking Oil $3 & Up
Tony Chachere's Creole Seasoning $4 & Up
Black Pepper $3 & Up
Garlic Salt $3 & Up
Garlic Powder $3 & Up
Cayenne $3 & Up
Baking Soda $1 & Up
Shortening $3 & Up
Vanilla $4 & Up
Peaches in Heavy Syrup $3 & Up
Ground Cinnamon $3 & Up
Nutmeg $4 & Up
Cornstarch $2 & Up
White Sugar $3 & Up
Cast Iron Skillets $12 & Up
Waffle Irons $15 & Up
30Second Mobile, Inc. is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.