Ground Beef & Bean Enchilada Casserole Recipe Is Dang Delicious by Donna John
If you love a good taco casserole, then this enchilada casserole with meat, beans, cheese and spiked with garlic-laced sour cream is sure to be put in the recipe rotation. It's easy to make and a budget-friendly recipe.
To cut out some calories, only use half a pound of ground beef, low-fat sour cream and low-fat cheese. You could also use ground turkey.
Prep Time: 10 minutes
Cook Time: 35 minutes
Total Time: 45 minutes
- 1 container (8 ounces) sour cream
- 2 tablespoons flour
- 1/4 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/2 - 1 pound ground beef
- 1 onion, chopped
- 2 teaspoons chili powder
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1 can (15 ounces) pinto beans, rinsed and drained
- 1 can (4 ounces) chopped green chiles
- 1 can (10 ounces) enchilada sauce
- 12 corn tortillas
- 1 cup shredded cheddar or Mexican blend cheese
- optional garnishes: chopped fresh cilantro, sliced avocado, guacamole, chopped tomato, salsa
Here's how to make it:
- Combine the sour cream, flour and garlic powder. Set aside. (Don't dirty a bowl and mix this in the container the sour cream comes in.)
- Brown the ground beef and onion until meat is cooked through. Drain off fat. Add the ground cumin, chili powder, pinto beans and green chiles with their liquid. Turn off heat.
- Put half of the tortillas on the bottom of a rectangular casserole dish.
- Top with half of the meat and bean mixture.
- Dollop half of the sour cream mixture over the top. Gently smooth to cover the meat.
- Pour half of the enchilada sauce over the top.
- Repeat layers.
- Sprinkle with the shredded cheese. Cover with foil and bake in a preheated 350-degree F oven for about 30 minutes, or until bubbly and cheese has melted. Serve with optional garnishes.
Need help converting cooking and baking measurements? Here are some handy kitchen conversion charts. Here's how to submit your recipes to 30Seconds!
Take 30 seconds and join the 30Seconds community, and follow us on Facebook to get recipes in your newsfeed daily. Inspire and be inspired.
Related Products on Amazon We Think You May Like:
Flour $3 & Up
Garlic Powder $3 & Up
Chili Powder $3 & Up
Ground Cumin $3 & Up
Pinto Beans $1 & Up
Chopped Green Chiles $1 & Up
Enchilada Sauce $2 & Up
Corn Tortillas $2 & Up
Rectangular Baking Dish $8 & Up
30Second Mobile, Inc. is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.