This French Crumb Cake Recipe Is a Sweet Reminder of Grandma’s Kitchen by Debbie Caldwell
French crumb cake is from my Grandma Caldwell's recipe box. While the recipe doesn't call for it, you can add a few shakes of cinnamon into the batter. This cake begs for a cup of coffee!
- 1 3/4 cups flour
- 1 1/4 cups sugar
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 stick butter, cut into thin slices (original recipe calls for 1/2 cup shortening)
- 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1 egg
- 1/2 cup milk
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
Here’s how to make it:
- Combine the flour, sugar and baking soda. Add the butter and mix with your fingers until crumbly.
- Remove 3/4 cup of the mixture for the topping. Add the cinnamon to the topping mixture. Set aside.
- Add the egg, milk and vanilla. Hand mix until blended. Pour into a greased 8x8-inch pan.
- Sprinkle the topping over the batter evenly. Bake in a preheated 350-degree F oven for 40-45 minutes. Cake is done when a toothpick comes out clean.
Take 30 seconds and join the 30Seconds community. Inspire ... and be inspired.
Related Products on Amazon We Think You May Like:
Flour $3 & Up
Sugar $3 & Up
Baking Powder $2 & Up
Ground Cinnamon $2 & Up
Vanilla $4 & Up
Shortening $2 & Up
8x8-Inch Baking Pans $7 & Up
30Second Mobile, Inc. is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.