Creamy Sausage & Spinach Stuffed Shells Recipe With Garlic Cream Sauce by Donna John
A few simple ingredients transforms pasta shells into a rich, creamy and memorable meal for family or dinner guests. The garlic cream sauce is a showstopper and smells heavenly wafting from the oven as it bakes.
Prep Time: 10 minutes
Cook Time: 45 minutes
Total Time: 55 minutes
- 1 box (10 ounces) jumbo shells
- 1 - 1 1/2 pounds bulk Italian sausage (spicy or mild)
- 1 box (10 ounces) frozen spinach, thawed and squeezed dry
- 3 cups grated mozzarella cheese (divided)
Garlic Cream Sauce
- 2 cups heavy cream
- 5 cloves garlic, minced
- 1/3 cup freshly grated Parmesan cheese
Here's how to make it:
- Boil the pasta shells according to package directions. Drain and set aside.
- For the garlic cream sauce, add the heavy cream and garlic to a small pot. Simmer, stirring often, until slightly thickened and reduced, about 15 minutes. Add Parmesan cheese and stir until melted. Season with salt, to taste. Remove from heat and set aside.
- While the sauce simmers, brown the sausage in a skillet until cooked through. Add the spinach and 2 cups of the mozzarella cheese. Mix well.
- Stuff the cooked shells with the sausage mixture and place into a baking dish that's been oiled lightly with olive oil or sprayed with nonstick cooking spray.
- Sprinkle with the remaining 1 cup shredded mozzarella cheese.
- Pour the garlic cream sauce over the top. Sprinkle with additional Parmesan cheese, if desired.
- Cover with aluminum foil and bake in a preheated 350-degree F oven for about 30 minutes.
Need help converting cooking and baking measurements? Here are some handy kitchen conversion charts.
Related Products on Amazon We Think You May Like:
Jumbo Shells $3 & Up
Olive Oil $4 & Up
Nonstick Cooking Spray $3 & Up
Aluminum Foil $3 & Up
30Second Mobile, Inc. is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.