Blowout Buffalo Chicken Sandwich Recipe With Blue Cheese Slaw: How to Do Sandwich Night & Tailgating Right by 30Seconds Food
Get your game face on, fire up the grill and impress your family with this fun take on buffalo chicken. This sandwich recipe is from Tailgating Done Right and will be the star of sandwich night or your tailgating party.
Prep Time: 10 minutes plus 30 minutes to marinate
Cook Time: 20 minutes
Total Time: 1 hour
- 1 cup packed coleslaw mix
- 1 finely chopped Granny Smith apple
- 2 finely chopped celery ribs
- 3 tablespoons crumbled Gorgonzola cheese
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh parsley
- 1 finely chopped green onion
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 1/2 tablespoons apple cider vinegar
- 1/2 teaspoon sugar
- 1 cup wing sauce
- 1/2 cup unsalted butter, melted
- 1/3 cup ketchup
- 6 boneless, skinless chicken breast halves
- softened butter
- 6 hefty buns, split (pretzel rolls work well)
- ranch dressing
Here's how to make it:
- For the slaw, combine coleslaw mix, apple, celery, cheese, parsley and green onion. Stir together oil, vinegar, sugar, salt and black pepper, and add to the slaw. Stir to blend. Chill until serving time.
- In a big zippered plastic bag, mix the wing sauce, melted butter and ketchup. Remove 1/2 cup and set aside. Add the chicken to the bag and toss to coat. Marinate at least 30 minutes.
- Grease the grill grate and preheat the grill on medium heat. Toss the chicken on the grill (discard the marinade left in the bag) and cook until the internal temperature reaches 165 degrees F, turning to brown both sides.
- Spread softened butter on the cut sides of the buns and grill until lightly toasted. Set the chicken on the buns, drizzle with ranch dressing and load on the slaw.
Related Products on Amazon We Think You May Like:
Olive Oil $4 & Up
Apple Cider Vinegar $2 & Up
White Sugar $3 & Up
Ranch Dressing $2 & Up
Wing Sauce $2 & Up
Ketchup $2 & Up
30Second Mobile, Inc. is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.