Most-Requested 4-Ingredient French Chicken Recipe for the Win by Donna John
Bottled French salad dressing, dry onion soup mix and apricot preserves? If this chicken recipe sounds a little strange to you, know you are not alone. But hold on! The chicken was délicieuse (delicious)!
My favorite part were the little bits of apricot from the preserves and the once-dried bits in the onion soup mix that added texture and flavor. Give this easy four-ingredient chicken recipe a try!
Note: we may occasionally reference products based on a contributor’s personal opinion. But 30Seconds is not affiliated or in no way endorses or makes any warranties about specific products. However, 30Seconds is a participant in the Amazon affiliate advertising program and this post contains affiliate links, which means we may earn a commission or fees if you make a purchase via those links.
Prep Time: 5 minutes
Cook Time: 45 minutes to 1 hour
Total Time: 50 minutes to 1 hour and 5 minutes
Servings: 4 to 6
- 4 - 8 bone-in chicken pieces or boneless chicken thighs (I used bone-in thighs)
- 1 bottle (8 ounces) French salad dressing (I used Wish-Bone Deluxe French Dressing)
- 1 package dry onion soup mix (I used Lipton Recipe Secrets Onion Soup Mix)
- 1 small jar (10 ounces) apricot preserves (I used Smucker's Simply Fruit Apricot Preserves)
Here's how to make it:
- Sprinkle the chicken with salt and pepper and put it into a baking dish.
- Combine the salad dressing, soup mix and preserves in a bowl. Mix well.
- Pour the mixture over the chicken, making sure to cover the chicken completely.
- Bake in a preheated 350-degree F oven for about 45 minutes to 1 hour, depending on the size of your chicken pieces. Baste occasionally with the sauce.
Need to convert cooking and baking measurements? Here are some kitchen conversion charts. Here's how to submit your recipes to 30Seconds.
Take 30 seconds and join the 30Seconds community, and follow us on Facebook to get recipes in your newsfeed daily.
Related Products on Amazon We Think You May Like:
Wish-Bone Deluxe French Dressing $3 & Up
Lipton Onion Soup Mix $2 & Up
Smucker's Simply Fruit Apricot $4 & Up
French Salad Dressing $3 & Up
Dry Onion Soup Mix $2 & Up
Apricot Preserves $3 & Up
30Second Mobile, Inc. is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.