Skillet Beef Fajitas: Give Your Grill a Break & Try This Easy Recipe by Gwen Johnson
The grill doesn't have to be fired up to make beef fajitas. Serve this easy fajita recipe with guacamole, fresh salsa, shredded cheese, sliced or grilled avocados, sour cream, chopped cilantro or whatever toppings you enjoy.
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 5 cloves garlic, chopped
- juice of 2 limes
- 1 small bunch cilantro, chopped
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1 teaspoon chili powder
- red pepper flakes (optional)
- salt and pepper, to taste
Beef, Peppers and Onions
- 2 pounds skirt or flank steak
- 2 bell peppers (red, orange, yellow or green, or a combination), sliced
- 1 large onion, sliced
- flour or corn tortillas, warmed
Here's how to make it:
- Combine all the marinade ingredients in a plastic food storage bag. Add the steak and allow it to marinate in the refrigerator for at least 1 hour and up to 5 hours.
- Heat a small amount of olive oil in a skillet (a cast iron skillet works well). Remove the steak from the marinade and cook it in the hot skillet until desired doneness. Remove the steak from the pan and allow it to rest while you make the peppers and onions.
- Add the peppers and onion to the pan and cook until softened, about 5-7 minutes. Season with salt and pepper.
- Slice the steak against the grain and serve with the peppers and onions in warmed tortillas with desired toppings.
Take 30 seconds and join the 30Seconds community. Inspire ... and be inspired.
Related Products on Amazon We Think You May Like:
Olive Oil $4 & Up
Ground Cumin $3 & Up
Chili Powder $2 & Up
Red Pepper Flakes $3 & Up
Tortillas $2 & Up
Cast Iron Skillets $12 & Up
Fajita Pans $9 & Up
Fajita Seasonings $3 & Up
30Second Mobile, Inc. is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.