Breakfast Zucchini Recipes: This Easy Zucchini Egg Nests Recipe Is Your Excuse to Buy a Spiralizer by 30Seconds Food
Don't have a spiralizer? These zucchini "noodle" egg nests are making you want to buy one right now, aren't they? If you already have one, what are you waiting for?
Prep Time: 5 minutes
Cook Time: 10 minutes
Total Time: 15 minutes
- 6 small zucchini, cut into “noodles” using a spiralizer
- 1/4 teaspoon garlic powder (optional)
- 1/4 teaspoon onion powder (optional)
- 6 eggs
- 1/4 cup freshly grated Parmesan cheese
Here’s how to make it:
- Put the spiralized zucchini into a strainer. Sprinkle with about a 1/2 teaspoon of salt. Let it stand about 5 minutes, then squeeze out as much moisture as you can using paper towels.
- Put the zucchini in a bowl and add the garlic powder, onion powder, if using, and salt and black pepper, to taste.
- Coat a baking pan with a little olive oil or nonstick cooking spray. Form six zucchini nests, making a well in the center of each.
- Crack an egg into the center of each nest. Sprinkle with Parmesan cheese and more salt and pepper, to taste.
- Bake the nests in a preheated 400-degree F oven for about 7 to 8 minutes, or until eggs are done to your liking.
Related Products on Amazon We Think You May Like:
Spiralizers $6 & Up
Salt $1 & Up
Garlic Powder $3 & Up
Onion Powder $3 & Up
Olive Oil $4 & Up
Nonstick Cooking Spray $3 & Up
Strainers $5 & Up
30Second Mobile, Inc. is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.