Quick & Creamy Macaroni & Cheese Recipe: This Easy Homemade Mac & Cheese Recipe Beats the Box by Dawn Taylor
My kids love macaroni and cheese, but I was finding the convenience and box versions so full of salt and additives that I started making my own homemade mac and cheese. It is so easy, takes just 15 minutes and does not involve baking or heating the cheeses and milk. My kids love this macaroni and cheese recipe and it takes no time at all to get dinner on the table. Win-win!
Prep Time: 5 minutes
Cook Time: 10 minutes
Total Time: 15 minutes
Servings: 4 to 6
- 1 box elbow macaroni
- 1 box (8 ounces) cream cheese
- 2 - 4 tablespoons butter
- 3/4 cup milk
- 2 cups shredded sharp cheddar cheese
- grated Parmesan cheese (I use the shaker kind)
Here's how to make it:
- Put the cream cheese into a casserole dish so it softens while you boil the macaroni.
- Cook the elbow macaroni according to package directions (I cook it about 10 minutes). Rinse and drain well, then pour it into the casserole dish.
- Stir the cream cheese and macaroni together until well blended.
- Add butter, milk and shredded cheese. (Add these ingredients a little at a time so you can adjust the amounts to your preference.) Mix well.
- Top with grated Parmesan cheese and a little salt and pepper. Done!
Take 30 seconds and join the 30Seconds community and follow us on Facebook to get recipes in your newsfeed daily. Inspire and be inspired.
Related Products on Amazon We Think You May Like:
Elbow Macaroni $1 & Up
Parmesan Cheese $3 & Up
Casserole Dishes $7 & Up
The Mac + Cheese Cookbook: 50 Simple Recipes from Homeroom, America's Favorite Mac and Cheese Restaurant $13
Mac + Cheese 300 $15
30Second Mobile, Inc. is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.