Cherry Clafoutis Is This Summer's Popular French Countryside Dessert by Gigi Gaggero
This French dessert is traditional with tart cherries, but sweet cherries are delicious, too. Cherry clafoutis puffs up in the oven as it bakes and will collapses almost immediately once removed.
- 1 cup whole milk
- 1/4 cup heavy cream
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 3 eggs
- 1 tablespoon vanilla extract
- pinch of salt
- 2/3 cup cake flour, sifted
- 4 cups pitted fresh tart cherries
- powdered sugar, for garnish
Here's how to make it:
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F degrees. Generously butter a shallow baking dish such as a 10-inch quiche pan, pie plate or your favorite cast iron pan.
- In a medium bowl, combine the milk, cream, sugar, eggs, vanilla extract, salt and flour. Beat with an electric mixer on medium until frothy, about 5 minutes.
- Pour just enough batter into the prepared baking dish to make a 1/4-inch layer, reserving the remainder. Bake the thin layer just until it forms a slight skin, about 5 minutes.
- Remove the baking dish from the oven and arrange the cherries in a single layer over the surface. Pour in the remaining batter surrounding the fruit.
- Return the clafoutis to the oven and bake until it's puffed, golden brown and a knife inserted in the center comes out clean, about 35 minutes. Remove from the oven and allow to cool slightly or to room temperature, Dust with powdered sugar before serving.
Take 30 seconds and join the 30Seconds community. Inspire ... and be inspired.
Related Products on Amazon We Think You May Like:
Sugar $3 & Up
Vanilla $4 & Up
Cake Flour $3 & Up
Powdered Sugar $3 & Up
Cherry Pitters $5 & Up
Tart Pans $9 & Up
Pie Plates $6 & Up
Cast Iron Skillets $12 & Up
Flour Sifters $5 & Up
30Second Mobile, Inc. is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.