Easy 4-Ingredient Cherry Plum Jam Recipe Celebrates the Summer Fruit by Donna John
How have I never heard of cherry plums? Cherry plums are small and ripen between early July and September. On a trip to the grocery store, these tiny gems caught my eye. The summer fruit is more like a plum than a cherry, but the tartness makes a delicious jam that's perfect for biscuits, scones, toast or even heated and spooned over ice cream.
Another way to use cherry plums is to make jam. This cherry plum jam has minimal ingredients and is simple to make, even if you've never made homemade jam before. All you need to make this sweet cherry plum jam is cherry plums, granulated sugar, lemon juice (fresh is best) and vanilla extract.
This cherry plum jam recipe can be easy doubled, so be sure to share with friends and family. This easy cherry plum jam makes a mean peanut butter and jelly sandwich!
Note: 30Seconds is a participant in the Amazon affiliate advertising program and this post contains affiliate links, which means we may earn a commission or fees if you make a purchase via those links.
Prep Time: 15 minutes
Cook Time: 20 minutes
Total Time: 35 minutes
- 5 cups cherry plums, washed and pits removed
- 2 cups granulated sugar
- 1/8 cup freshly squeezed lemon juice
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla
- If you want to store this jam for a long period of time, you will need to sterilize the jars and do a water bath. Let them cool completely before storing in the pantry or refrigerator.
Here’s how to make it:
- In a pot, combine the cherry plums, sugar and lemon juice. Bring to a boil. Cook, stirring often, about 20 minutes. Stir in vanilla.
- Pour into an airtight container or jar. Cool completely, then store in the refrigerator. For long-term storage, pour into sterilized jars and finish with a water bath. (Learn more about how to can summer fruit.)
Recipe cooking times and servings are approximate. To ensure image quality, we may occasionally use stock photography. Need to convert cooking and baking measurements? Here are some kitchen conversion charts. Here's how to submit your recipes to 30Seconds.
Related Products on Amazon We Think You May Like:
30Second Mobile, Inc. is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.