DIY Magic Shell Ice Cream Topping Recipe: This Homemade Magic Shell Recipe Will Blow Your Mind by 30Seconds Food
Remember squirting that bottle of chocolate sauce on your ice cream and watching it magically harden? That magic shell has mesmerized kids and adults for years. Guess what? You can make ice cream magic at home with this DIY dessert recipe – and it's so easy.
Prep Time: 2 minutes
Cook Time: 4 minutes
Total Time: 6 minutes
Here's how to make it on the stovetop:
- Put the chocolate and coconut oil into a pot. Cook over low heat until melted, stirring constantly, about 4 minutes.
- Pour the melted chocolate into a bowl and allow to cool for about 2 minutes.
- Drizzle over ice cream or dip ice cream cones into the sauce. It will harden in about 30 to 60 seconds.
Here's how to make it in the microwave:
- Put the chocolate and coconut oil into a microwave-safe bowl. Cook in 30 second intervals until completely melted.
- Allow to cool for about 2 minutes, then pour over ice cream.
Note: If using white chocolate, decrease the amount of coconut oil to 1/4 cup.
Related Products on Amazon We Think You May Like:
Ice Cream Bowls $7 & Up
Ice Cream Scoops $5 & Up
Milk Chocolate $3 & Up
Semisweet Chocolate $3 & Up
Coconut Oil $6 & Up
Magic Shell $5 & Up
White Chocolate $3 & Up
30Second Mobile, Inc. is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.