Budget Taco Casserole Recipe: Easy Ground Beef Casserole Recipe Is Tried & True by Tanya Kuzmanovic
A friend passed along this taco casserole recipe to me, knowing how much I love easy-to-assemble, pop-in-the-oven casserole meals. It's based on the Taco Fiesta Bubble Up Casserole found at Drizzle Me Skinny – with a few changes.
I made the easy ground beef taco casserole recipe ahead of time and kept it refrigerated until supper. When you're ready to cook dinner, simply pop it into the oven. No fuss, no muss!
Ground beef is a great ingredient for family dinners because it's budget friendly and can be stretched to feed a crowd. This baked casserole recipe could easily be made and frozen for later. For a fun change of pace, use green salsa instead of red salsa.
Prep Time: 5 minutes
Cook Time: 35 minutes
Total Time: 40 minutes
- 1 pound ground beef
- 1 tube country biscuits dough (10 biscuits)
- 1 package taco seasoning
- 1 jar salsa
- 2 bell peppers, diced (I used red and yellow)
- 1 cup red onion, diced
- 2 cups shredded cheddar cheese
- 3 green onions, chopped
- sour cream, for serving
Here's how to make it:
- Brown the ground beef with the taco seasoning, chopped onion and peppers. Once cooked, transfer to a large mixing bowl and add salsa. Stir well.
- Cut each biscuit into six pieces. Place half the biscuit pieces into a sprayed lasagna dish and cover with half the beef mixture. Sprinkle with cheese. Repeat layers. Sprinkle the top with the green onion.
- Loosely cover with foil and bake for 30 minutes at 350 degrees F (if making immediately). If refrigerated, increase bake time to 45 minutes, then remove foil and bake for an additional 15 minutes. Allow to rest 5 minutes before serving. Top with a dollop of sour cream, if desired.
Note: 30Seconds is a participant in the Amazon affiliate advertising program and this post contains affiliate links, which means we may earn a commission or fees if you make a purchase via those links.
Recipe cooking times and servings are approximate. Need to convert cooking and baking measurements? Here are some kitchen conversion charts. Here's how to submit your recipes to 30Seconds.
Take 30 seconds and join the 30Seconds community, and follow us on Facebook to get recipes in your newsfeed daily.
Related Products on Amazon We Think You May Like:
Refrigerated Biscuit Dough $2 & Up
Taco Seasoning $1 & Up
Salsa $2 & Up
30Second Mobile, Inc. is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.