Corn & Sausage Chowder With Charred Corn & Jalapeno Will Put a Smile on Your Face by Gwen Johnson
Pleasantly surprised was my family's reaction to this corn and sausage chowder recipe. As a soup lover, they tend to get tired of how many times a month that soup is on the menu. But there were no complaints at all after their first taste of this easy soup. Try it on your family.
- 2 teaspoons olive oil (divided)
- 2 cups corn (divided)
- 1 onion, chopped
- 1 cup diced celery
- 4 cups butter gold potatoes, diced
- 4 cups chicken broth
- 1 jalapeno, chopped
- 1 pound loose spicy Italian sausage
- 1 cup heavy cream or milk
Here's how to make it:
- Heat 1 teaspoon of the olive oil in a skillet over medium-high heat. Add 1/2 cup of the corn and cook, stirring often, until it chars and starts turning golden brown. Season with salt and pepper and set aside.
- Heat the other 1 teaspoon of olive oil in a large soup pot. Add the onion, celery and jalapeno, and cook until soft, about 2 minutes.
- Add the potatoes and broth. Bring to a boil, reduce heat and simmer about 15 minutes or until potatoes are tender.
- While the soup simmers, add the sausage to another skillet. Cook, breaking up into pieces, until cooked through.
- Add the sausage and the remaining 1 1/2 cups of corn to the soup. Stir in the heavy cream. Season with salt and pepper. Heat until warmed through. Serve with charred corn on top and extra chopped jalapeno, if desired.
Take 30 seconds and join the 30Seconds community. Inspire ... and be inspired.
Related Products on Amazon We Think You May Like:
30Second Mobile, Inc. is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.