How to Make Spinach Spaetzle With a Simple Cheese Sauce (a Fun Meal for St. Patrick's Day!) by 30Seconds Food
Spaetzle is to Germans what pasta is to Italians. This spaetzle recipe gets its green color from spinach and is topped with a two-ingredient cheese sauce. Crisp prosciutto or bacon would be a nice garnish.
- 3 cups packed, fresh spinach
- 1/2 cup water
- 1 cup flour
- 1/2 cup semolina flour
- 4 cloves garlic, minced fine or grated
- 1 egg
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- black pepper, to taste
- 1 cup half and half
- 1 cup grated white cheddar cheese (or your favorite cheese)
Here’s how to make it:
- Put the spinach and water into a blender and blend until smooth. (You should have about 1 cup or pureed spinach.) Pour it into a bowl.
- Add both flours, garlic, egg, salt and pepper. Mix well.
- Hold a cheese grater or a colander with large holes over a pot of boiling, salted water. With a spatula, push the spinach mixture through the holes and into the boiling water. Allow to cook for about 2-3 minutes, or until they float to the top. Drain.
- For the cheese sauce, pour the half and half into a pot and simmer until it thickens. Remove from heat and add the cheese. Stir until melted. Season with salt and pepper. Serve over the spaetzle.
Related Products on Amazon We Think You May Like:
Semolina Flour $5 & Up
Flour $3 & Up
Colanders $7 & Up
Cheese Graters $6 & Up
Spaetzle Cookbooks $1 & Up
30Second Mobile, Inc. is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.