Sweet Torrijas Recipe: This Easy Fried Bread Recipe Is Spain's Answer to French Toast by 30Seconds Food
Prep Time: 1 hour and 10 minutes
Cook Time: 10 minutes
Total Time: 1 hour and 20 minutes
- 1 day-old baguette, cut into 1-inch diagonal slices
- 4 cups milk
- 3 tablespoons sugar or honey
- 1 cinnamon stick
- 4 eggs
- oil, for frying
- cinnamon-sugar, for serving
Here’s how to make it:
- In a saucepan, combine the milk, sugar and cinnamon stick. Bring to a boil and then immediately turn off the heat. Allow to sit for about 10 minutes.
- Put the bread in a casserole dish in one layer. Pour the milk over the bread (throw the cinnamon stick away) and let it soak for about an hour.
- Put the eggs into a bowl and beat well.
- Heat a small amount of oil in a skillet. Dip the soaked bread into the egg, then fry for about 3 minutes on each side or until browned. Remove to a paper towel. To serve, sprinkle with cinnamon-sugar.
Related Products on Amazon We Think You May Like:
30Second Mobile, Inc. is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.