Easy Mint Frosting Recipe: This Refreshing Peppermint Frosting Is the Icing on Your St. Patrick's Day Cake (or Cupcakes) by 30Seconds Food
For St. Patrick's Day, color the frosting green and surprise your little leprechauns. Even better, have them make some of this fun frosting with you. It'll be the icing on your St. Paddy's Day cake (or cupcakes)!
Prep Time: 10 minutes
Cook Time: 0 minutes
Total Time: 10 minutes
Servings: Makes about 6 cups
- 4 cups powdered sugar
- 2 sticks butter, softened
- 1 tablespoon milk
- 1/2 teaspoon peppermint extract
- green food coloring (optional)
Here’s how to make it:
- Put all the ingredients into a bowl. Beat on low with an electric mixer until incorporated.
- Turn mixer to high and continue to beat until desired consistency. (You can add more milk to thin it.)
- If coloring icing green, add desired amount of green food coloring. If you don't have green food coloring, you can add 2 drops of yellow and 1 drop of blue food coloring to create green.
Need help converting cooking and baking measurements? Here are some handy kitchen conversion charts.
Related Products on Amazon We Think You May Like:
Peppermint Extract $3 & Up
Food Coloring $4 & Up
Powdered Sugar $3 & Up
Cake Mixes $1 & Up
St. Patrick's Day Cupcake Picks $6 & Up
Green Food Coloring $3 & Up
Cupcake Pans $8 & Up
Electric Mixers $10 & Up
30Second Mobile, Inc. is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.