Easy Cabbage Roll Casserole Recipe Tastes Like What Grandma Made by Donna John
Remember your grandma boiling cabbage leaves, stuffing them with a filling, rolling them and then (finally!) baking them in a tomato sauce? Busy moms don't have time for that. With this easy ground beef cabbage roll casserole recipe, you'll be rollin' out of the kitchen in no time.
Serve this delicious and easy cabbage roll casserole recipe with a garden salad for a complete dinner. Delish!
Prep Time: 5 minutes
Cook Time: 1 hour and 15 minutes
Total Time: 1 hour and 20 minutes
- 1 head cabbage, cored and chopped
- 1/4 cup water
- 1 pound ground beef
- 1 onion, chopped
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 1/2 teaspoon paprika
- 1/2 teaspoon onion powder
- 2 tablespoons brown sugar
- 1/4 teaspoon cayenne, or to taste
- 1 can (15 ounces) tomato sauce
- 1 can (15 ounces) beef broth
- 1 cup long-grain white rice
- 1 1/2 cups grated mozzarella cheese
- 1 1/2 cups grated sharp cheddar cheese
Here's how to make it:
- Put the chopped cabbage and water into a large pot. Cook until just tender, stirring often, about 10 minutes. Season with salt and pepper, to taste.
- Cook the ground beef and onion until meat is browned, about 5 minutes. Add the garlic and cook another minute.
- Add the paprika, onion powder, brown sugar, cayenne, tomato sauce, beef broth and rice. Bring to a boil, reduce heat, cover and simmer 20 minutes, or until rice is tender.
- Put half of the cabbage onto the bottom of a 13x9-inch casserole dish or 13x9-inch baking pan.
- Top with half of the meat mixture.
- Sprinkle with half of the cheeses.
- Repeat with another layer. Cover with foil and bake in a preheated 350-degree F oven for 20 minutes. Uncover and bake for another 20 minutes.
Note: 30Seconds is a participant in the Amazon affiliate advertising program and this post contains affiliate links, which means we may earn a commission or fees if you make a purchase via those links.
Recipe cooking times and servings are approximate. Need to convert cooking and baking measurements? Here are some kitchen conversion charts. Here's how to submit your recipes to 30Seconds.
Take 30 seconds and join the 30Seconds community, and follow us on Facebook to get recipes in your newsfeed daily.
Related Products on Amazon We Think You May Like:
Tomato Sauce $1 & Up
Beef Broth $1 & Up
Paprika $3 & Up
Onion Powder $3 & Up
Cayenne $3 & Up
Brown Sugar $2 & Up
Long-grain White Rice $3 & Up
13x9-inch Baking Pans $9 & Up
13x9-inch Casserole Dishes $9 & Up
30Second Mobile, Inc. is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.