This Chorizo, Potato & Poblano Tacos Recipe Will Rock Your Taco Night by Donna John
Tradition usually wins on Taco Night at my house. Seasoned ground beef or turkey stuffed into crispy taco shells and sprinkled with all those yummy toppings. Got crazy this week and tried this chorizo, potato and poblano taco recipe. Score! The creamy potatoes, crunchy sweet corn, spicy chorizo and delicate poblano mingled together perfectly to create an awesome taco. On Taco Night, it was served in crunchy shells with guacamole, chopped red onion, shredded white cheese and chopped cilantro. The leftovers turned into lunch and was rolled up in a grilled corn tortilla with sliced avocado and chopped red onion. Both hit the mark. Move over ground beef, there may be a new taco in town...
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 2 cups diced potatoes (I used Yukon Golds)
- 1 onion, chopped
- 2 poblano peppers, roasted, skinned and coarsely chopped (here's how to roast a poblano pepper)
- 1/2 - 1 cup fresh corn, cut off the cob
- 5 cloves garlic, minced
- ground red pepper, to taste
- 3 ounces Mexican chorizo, bulk or casings removed
- 3/4 cup chicken stock
- crispy taco shells or tortillas, heated
- Topping options: shredded cheese, guacamole, sliced avocado, sour cream, chopped red onion, fresh cilantro, lime wedges, salsa, jalapenos, lettuce, chopped tomatoes
Here's how to make them:
- Heat the oil and cook the potato in a large skillet for 5 minutes. Remove to a large bowl.
- To the same pan, add the onion, corn, chopped poblano, garlic and ground red pepper. Cook, stirring often, about 5 minutes. Pour into the bowl with the potato.
- Add the chorizo to the skillet. Cook about 2 minutes and use a spoon to crumble as it cooks.
- Pour the potato mixture into the chorizo. Add the chicken stock. Bring to a boil, reduce heat, partially cover and cook until potatoes are tender and liquid has evaporated, about 6-7 minutes. Season with salt and pepper, to taste. Serve in taco shells or tortillas with desired toppings.
Related Products on Amazon We Think You May Like:
Chicken Stock $2 & Up
Taco Shells $3 & Up
Tortillas $2 & Up
Taco Holders $7 & Up
Tortilla Warmers $8 & Up
30Second Mobile, Inc. is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.