Epic Manhattan Cocktail Recipe: Bada Bing Cherries Add Extra Zing to This Classic Manhattan Cocktail Recipe by Elisa Schmitz
For happy hour, sometimes you just need to kick it old school, like with a classic Manhattan cocktail. While there may be several versions of the history of the Manhattan, it’s pretty clear that this drink originated in Manhattan in the 1800s. And, it’s making a comeback!
Whether you’ve never tried a Manhattan cocktail or you’re already a fan, you’ll want to try this epic version that I recently made for my husband for happy hour. Typically, this drink is served with maraschino cherries, but I made it my own by using Bada Bing, and he was really happy.
- 1 full shot whiskey (I use Maker’s Mark bourbon whiskey)
- 1/2 shot sweet vermouth (I use Carpano Antica Formula)
- 1 - 2 dashes bitters (I use Peychaud’s)
- 1 - 2 Bada Bing cherries (I use Stonewall Kitchen)
- 1 large square or round ice cube (I got my giant ice cube trays via Amazon)
- orange or lemon peel (optional)
Here’s how to make it:
- Fill a cocktail shaker half full of ice.
- Add the whiskey, vermouth and bitters. For added flavor and color, I add a 1/2 teaspoon of Bada Bing cherry juice. Shake the mixture a few times to blend it.
- If desired, rub the orange or lemon peel around the rim of a lowball glass. Put one large square or round ice cube into the glass and strain the drink over it. Add 1 or 2 Bada Bing cherries.
Makes one serving (though you may want to make many more). Cheers and enjoy!
Related Products on Amazon We Think You May Like:
30Second Mobile, Inc. is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.