Cilantro Lime Rice Recipe: What to Serve With Tacos (or Anything) by 30Seconds Food
Spanish rice rocks, but it'll turn green with envy over this cilantro and lime rice recipe. With filling rice, fresh cilantro, lime and garlic, what a great way to spice up taco night!
This cilantro rice recipe is also great with grilled chicken, fajitas, pork or seafood. Make a double batch and freeze for later.
Prep Time: 5 minutes
Cook Time: 25 minutes
Total Time: 30 minutes
- 1 teaspoon olive oil
- 1 cup white rice
- 2 cups chicken stock
- 1 small bunch cilantro, chopped
- 2 tablespoons fresh lime juice
- 2 cloves garlic
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 – 2 tablespoons water
Here’s how to make it:
- Heat the olive oil in a pot. Add the rice and cook, stirring, until it gets light brown.
- Add the chicken stock and salt. Bring to a boil, reduce heat, cover and cook until rice is just tender.
- To a blender, add almost all of the cilantro (save a little for garnish), lime juice, garlic and water. Blend. Season with salt and pepper, to taste. Add more water if it’s too thick.
- Pour cilantro mixture into the rice. Mix well. Taste and add more salt and pepper, if needed. Garnish with additional cilantro and lime wedges.
Need help converting cooking and baking measurements? Here are some handy kitchen conversion charts. Here's how to submit your recipes to 30Seconds.
Take 30 seconds and join the 30Seconds community, and follow us on Facebook to get recipes in your newsfeed daily. Inspire and be inspired.
Related Products on Amazon We Think You May Like:
Mexican Food Cookbooks $3 & Up
Rice Cookers $20 & Up
Indoor Herb Gardens $10 & Up
White Rice $2 & Up
Chicken Stock $1 & Up
30Second Mobile, Inc. is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.