The Easiest 4-Ingredient Spanish Rice Recipe You'll Ever Find by Donna John
Most of the time, my family does not have sides dishes on taco night. No refried beans. No rice. Just tacos. That is, until this Spanish rice recipe was given to me by a friend. It could not be easier or more delicious.
OK, one side dish that we have to have is guacamole. Seriously, what is taco night without a big scoop of guac?
Prep Time: 5 minutes
Cook Time: 25 to 30 minutes
Total Time: 30 to 35 minutes
Servings: 4 to 6
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 small onion, chopped
- 1 1/2 cups long-grain white rice
- 2 cups chicken broth or vegetable broth
- 1 cup chunky salsa
- chopped cilantro, for garnish (optional)
Here’s how to make it:
- Heat the oil in a skillet. Add the onion and cook until soft, about 5 minutes.
- Add the rice and cook, stirring, about 2 minutes.
- Add the broth and salsa. Bring to a boil, reduce heat, cover and simmer until rice is tender, about 20 minutes. Garnish with chopped, fresh cilantro, if desired.
Note: 30Seconds is a participant in the Amazon affiliate advertising program and this post contains affiliate links, which means we may earn a commission or fees if you make a purchase via those links.
Recipe cooking times and servings are approximate. Need to convert cooking and baking measurements? Here are some kitchen conversion charts. Here's how to submit your recipes to 30Seconds.
Take 30 seconds and join the 30Seconds community, and follow us on Facebook to get recipes in your newsfeed daily.
Related Products on Amazon We Think You May Like:
Long-grain Rice $3 & Up
Chunky Salsa $2 & Up
Chicken Stock $2 & Up
Vegetable Broth $1 & Up
Olive Oil $4 & Up
30Second Mobile, Inc. is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.
1. Never use salsa
2. Use a few slices of serrano pepper for heat.
3. Use a bit of Tomato paste for color.
4. Ground Cumin is a MUST. About a teaspoon.