Chef Adrianne Calvo’s Roasted Beets With Goat Cheese & Garlic Pearl Couscous Is a Foodie Favorite by Chef Adrianne Calvo
For an exciting, winter-inspired vegetable dish that’s easy and bursting with flavor, check out my roasted beets with goat cheese and garlic pearl couscous from my newest cookbook, "The A List." This recipe serves four.
- 4 organic beets, scrubbed and washed
- 1 tablespoon canola oil
- kosher salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 1 cup pearl couscous, cooked to package instructions
- 1 tablespoon garlic slivers
- 1/4 cup extra virgin olive oil
- 1 tablespoon parsley, minced
- 1/4 cup goat cheese crumbles
- 1 tablespoon balsamic vinegar
- chives, minced (for garnish)
- 1 beet, cut in half
Here’s how to make it:
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F. Rub the four beets with canola oil and sprinkle with salt and pepper. Wrap each beet tightly with aluminum foil and bake for 1 1/2 hours or until fork tender.
- Meanwhile, take the other beet and boil half in 1 cup water for 30 minutes or until liquid becomes thickened. Take the other half and thinly slice it on a mandolin. Bake slices for 30 minutes to make beet chips. Set aside to use as garnish. After roasted beets are fork tender, unwrap and allow to sit for 45 minutes to 1 hour.
- In a small sauté pan, add olive oil over medium heat. Add garlic slivers. Cook, stirring often, until garlic begins to brown. Set pan aside including olive oil.
- Slice cooked beets into 1/4-inch thick slices.
- In a large bowl, combine cooked couscous, garlic and olive oil, parsley, goat cheese crumbles and balsamic vinegar. Toss. Top each beet ring with couscous mixture. Garnish with beet liquid, beet chips and chives.
Take 30 seconds and join the 30Seconds community. Inspire ... and be inspired.
Related Products on Amazon We Think You May Like:
30Second Mobile, Inc. is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.