20-Minute Taco Soup Recipe: The Easiest Ground Beef Taco Soup Recipe Ever by Donna John
Why do we love this taco soup recipe? Because all the ingredients are in your pantry and it takes about 20 minutes to make. The hardest part of this taco soup recipe is opening the cans. All the ingredients for this ground beef soup recipe can be kept in the pantry for when you have a taco soup craving. You could freeze the leftover soup for later.
The Mexican soup is made with ground beef, taco seasoning, chili beans, whole kernel corn, pinto beans, stewed tomatoes, diced tomatoes with green chiles, chopped green chiles and dry ranch salad dressing mix. After browning the ground beef, all the ingredients are dumped into a large soup pot and simmered together for about 15 minutes. So simple!
Top the ground beef taco soup with chopped avocado, crushed tortilla chips, chopped fresh cilantro, sour cream, chopped red onions, black olives, shredded cheese or even pico de gallo or salsa. This is a delicious 20-minute dinner.
Prep Time: 5 minutes
Cook Time: 20 minutes
Total Time: 25 minutes
Servings: 4 to 6
- 2 pounds ground beef
- 1 envelope (1 ounce) taco seasoning
- 1 1/2 cups water
- 1 can (16 ounces) chili beans, undrained
- 1 can (15 ounces) whole kernel corn, drained
- 1 can (15 ounces) pinto beans, drained
- 1 can (14 ounces) stewed tomatoes
- 1 can (10 ounces) diced tomato with green chilies
- 1 can (4 ounces) chopped green chilies
- 1 envelope (1 ounce) ranch salad dressing mix
- chopped avocado, tortilla chips, chopped cilantro, sour cream, chopped red onions, black olives, shredded cheese, salsa (optional toppings)
Here’s how to make it:
- Cook the ground beef in a large soup pot until brown.
- Add the remaining ingredients except optional toppings. Bring to a boil, reduce heat and simmer about 15 minutes. Serve with desired toppings.
Note: 30Seconds is a participant in the Amazon affiliate advertising program and this post contains affiliate links, which means we may earn a commission or fees if you make a purchase via those links.
Recipe cooking times and servings are approximate. Need to convert cooking and baking measurements? Here are some kitchen conversion charts. Here's how to submit your recipes to 30Seconds.
Take 30 seconds and join the 30Seconds community, and follow us on Facebook to get recipes in your newsfeed daily.
Related Products on Amazon We Think You May Like:
Taco Seasoning $1 & Up
Chili Beans $1 & Up
Tomatoes With Green Chiles $2 & Up
Pinto Beans $1 & Up
Stewed Tomatoes $1 & Up
Whole Kernel Corn $1 & Up
Ranch Dressing Mix $2 & Up
Chopped Green Chiles $2 & Up
30Second Mobile, Inc. is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.