Chewy Chocolate-Covered Cherries Cookie Recipe Is Tried & True by Donna John
Prep Time: 30 minutes
Cook Time: 10 minutes
Total Time: 40 minutes
- 1 1/2 cups flour
- 1/2 cup unsweetened cocoa powder
- 1/2 cup butter, softened
- 1 cup sugar
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 egg
- 2 teaspoons vanilla
- 1 jar (10 ounces) maraschino cherries
- 1 package (6 ounces) semisweet chocolate chips
- 1/2 cup sweetened condensed milk
Here's how to make it:
- Combine the flour and cocoa powder in a bowl. Mix well.
- Beat the butter until smooth, about 30 seconds, with an electric mixer. Add the sugar, salt, baking powder and baking soda. Beat well. Add the egg and vanilla.
- Gradually incorporate the flour and cocoa mixture.
- Drain the cherries, reserving the juice. Pat them dry with a paper towel. Roll the dough into 1-inch balls and place on a cookie sheet. Use your thumb and make a hole (don't go all the way through) in the center of each cookie. Put one cherry in each hole.
- To make the frosting, in a small saucepan combine the chocolate chips and sweetened condensed milk. Melt over low heat. When melted, add 4 teaspoons of the reserved cherry juice. Mix well.
- Spoon about 1 teaspoon of the frosting over each cookie to cover the cherry. Bake in a preheated 350-degree F oven for 9 to 10 minutes. Allow to cool on a wire rack or foil.
Note: 30Seconds is a participant in the Amazon affiliate advertising program and this post contains affiliate links, which means we may earn a commission or fees if you make a purchase via those links.
Related Products on Amazon We Think You May Like:
Maraschino Cherries $4 & Up
Semi-sweet Chocolate Chips $4 & Up
Sweetened Condensed Milk $2 & Up
Cocoa Powder $3 & Up
Vanilla Extract $4 & Up
Flour $3 & Up
Baking Powder $2 & Up
Baking Soda $1 & Up
30Second Mobile, Inc. is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.