Moist Chocolate Cupcakes Recipe With 3-Ingredient Peppermint Frosting by 30Seconds Food
What happens when you combine chocolate and peppermint? Holiday heaven! The chocolate cupcakes are just a box mix -- the peppermint frosting is the star of this holiday show. The peppermint frosting is made with powdered sugar, cream cheese and peppermint extract. So easy! Crushed candy canes add crunchiness and a festive touch.
Serve this festive cupcake recipe for dessert at your next Christmas gathering to make the holidays extra merry and bright. It's an easy and delicious way to spread holiday cheer. Store the leftover cupcakes in an airtight container.
Prep Time: 10 minutes
Cook Time: 30 minutes (approximately)
Total Time: 40 minutes
Servings: Makes about 24 cupcakes
- 1 box chocolate cake mix, plus ingredients to make it
- 2 cups powdered sugar
- 1/2 cup tub-style cream cheese
- 1/8 teaspoon peppermint extract
- crushed candy canes or peppermint candies
Here's how to make it:
- Prepare the cupcakes according to package directions. Allow to cool completely.
- To make the frosting, combine the cream cheese, powdered sugar and peppermint extract using an electric mixer until fluffy.
- Frost the cupcakes with the icing and sprinkle with the crushed candy canes.
Note: 30Seconds is a participant in the Amazon affiliate advertising program and this post contains affiliate links, which means we may earn a commission or fees if you make a purchase via those links.
Related Products on Amazon We Think You May Like:
30Second Mobile, Inc. is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.