This Baby Kale & Wheat Berries Salad Recipe Is Brain Health in a Bowl by Vicki Shanta Retelny, RDN
I am always looking for new ways to get greens into my day. Did you know leafy greens are great for your brain health, as people who eat greens almost daily can shave years off of their cognitive age? Plus they are great for your heart, cells and overall longevity. Here's a quick, tasty and healthy recipe for baby kale and wheat berries salad!
- 1 cup baby kale, washed and patted dry
- 1/2 cup raw wheat berries
- 1 cup low-sodium vegetable broth
- 1/2 cup pomegranate seeds
- 1/4 cup lightly salted pistachios, coarsely chopped
- 1/2 small shallot, finely diced
- 1 teaspoon Dijon mustard
- 1 tablespoon champagne vinegar
- 3 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- salt and pepper, to taste
Here's how to make it:
- Place the kale in a bowl.
- Over high heat, bring wheat berries and broth to a boil. Reduce heat to a simmer, cover and allow to wheat berries to absorb the liquid. Stir occasionally. When cooked, flake with a fork and remove from heat to cool for a few minutes.
- Toss wheat berries into kale, add pomegranate and pistachios.
- Whisk together the dressing ingredients. Drizzle over salad and enjoy!
Related Products on Amazon We Think You May Like:
30Second Mobile, Inc. is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.