These Crispy Baked Broccoli & Cheese Balls Are the Perfect Bite by Gwen Johnson
Kids and adults both love these crispy broccoli and cheddar cheese bites. Serve with ranch dressing or your favorite dipping sauce. This recipe makes a fun appetizer or light lunch or dinner served with a salad.
- 2 cups chopped steamed broccoli (packed)
- 1 cup panko
- 2 eggs
- 1 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- 3 green onions, chopped
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- olive oil or coconut oil cooking spray
Here’s how to make them:
- Combine the steamed broccoli, panko, eggs, cheese, green onions and garlic in a bowl. Mix until well combined and mashed together. Season with salt and pepper, to taste.
- Form broccoli mixture into balls and place on a baking sheet that’s been sprayed with nonstick cooking spray.
- Lightly spray the tops of the balls with olive oil spray. Bake in a preheated 400-degree F oven about 20-25 minutes, or until they begin to get brown and crispy. Serve.
Variation: To mimic the classic broccoli rice casserole, add 1/2 cup of cooked white rice to the mixture.
Related Products on Amazon We Think You May Like:
30Second Mobile, Inc. is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.