6-Ingredient Crispy Baked Broccoli & Cheese Balls Recipe Is a Fan Favorite by 30Seconds Food
Kids and adults both love these crispy broccoli and cheddar cheese bites. This is a fan favorite recipe here at 30Seconds – and for good reason! The crispy, cheesy baked broccoli cheese balls are an irresistible appetizer or side dish.
The shopping list for these baked broccoli cheese balls is short and simple: broccoli, panko, eggs, cheddar cheese, green onion and garlic. Steam your broccoli until tender, then add it to panko breadcrumbs, eggs, grated cheese, chopped green onions and fresh garlic. Roll into balls and place them on a baking sheet. Give the balls a quick mist with nonstick cooking spray (this helps them crisp up). Bake until hot and crispy, about 20 minutes.
Prep Time: 10 minutes
Cook Time: 25 minutes
Total Time: 35 minutes
- 2 cups chopped steamed broccoli (packed)
- 1 cup panko
- 2 eggs
- 1 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- 3 green onions, chopped
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
Here’s how to make it:
- Combine the steamed broccoli, panko, eggs, cheese, green onions and garlic in a bowl. Mix until well combined and mashed together. Season with salt and pepper, to taste.
- Form broccoli mixture into balls and place on a baking sheet that’s been sprayed with nonstick cooking spray.
- Lightly spray the tops of the balls with olive oil cooking spray. Bake in a preheated 400-degree F oven about 20 to 25 minutes, or until they begin to get brown and crispy.
Variation: To mimic the classic broccoli rice casserole, add 1/2 cup of cooked white rice to the mixture.
Note: 30Seconds is a participant in the Amazon affiliate advertising program and this post contains affiliate links, which means we may earn a commission or fees if you make a purchase via those links.
Related Products on Amazon We Think You May Like:
30Second Mobile, Inc. is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.