Molasses Crinkle Cookie Recipe Is an Old-Fashioned Family Favorite by Chef Gigi
I'll bet your grandma has a recipe for molasses crinkle cookies somewhere. These delicious old-fashioned Christmas cookie favorites will add some nostalgia (and flavor) to your holiday cookie tray.
The aromatic holiday spice flavor of this classic dessert recipe is perfect accompanied by coffee, tea or a glass of milk (just the way Santa likes it)!
Prep Time: 75 minutes
Cook Time: 8 to 10 minutes
Total Time: 83 to 85 minutes
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cloves
- 1/4 teaspoon ground allspice
- 3/4 cup cold butter
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 1 egg
- 1/4 cup dark molasses
- 1 cup coarse white sugar
Here's how to make it:
- In a bowl, add the flour, baking powder, baking soda, ginger, cinnamon, nutmeg, salt, cloves and allspice. Combine well. Set aside.
- In the bowl of your stand mixer or with your electric mixer, beat the butter on medium speed until fluffy. Gradually add granulated sugar, beating well.
- Add the egg and the molasses. Continue to beat until incorporated.
- Gradually add flour mixture, beating on low speed until blended. Cover and refrigerate a minimum of 1 hour.
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees F. Shape dough into 1-inch balls, then roll them in the sugar. Place them on an ungreased cookie sheet 2 inches apart. Bake 8 to 10 minutes or until the tops crack and set. Remove from oven and allow to cool.
Note: 30Seconds is a participant in the Amazon affiliate advertising program and this post contains affiliate links, which means we may earn a commission or fees if you make a purchase via those links.
Recipe cooking times and servings are approximate. Need to convert cooking and baking measurements? Here are some kitchen conversion charts. Here's how to submit your recipes to 30Seconds.
Take 30 seconds and join the 30Seconds community, and follow us on Facebook to get recipes in your newsfeed daily.
Related Products on Amazon We Think You May Like:
Molasses $6 & Up
Ground Cloves $4 & Up
Allspice $4 & Up
Nutmeg $3 & Up
Ground Ginger $3 & Up
30Second Mobile, Inc. is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.