Gingerbread Pancakes Recipe: This Easy Pancake Recipe Is What Breakfast Is All About by Chef Gigi Gaggero, 30Seconds.com Resident Chef
These gingerbread pancakes are good any morning, but imagine waking up to a stack of them on Christmas Day. Nice thought, right?
Prep Time: 10 minutes
Cook Time: 10 minutes
Total Time: 20 minutes
- 2 cups flour, sifted
- 2 tablespoons dark brown sugar
- 1 1/2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt
- 2 teaspoons ground ginger
- 2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon ground allspice
- 1/8 teaspoon ground cloves
- 1/8 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 3/4 cup buttermilk
- 1/2 cup half and half
- 1/3 cup unsulfured regular molasses
- 2 eggs
- 3 tablespoons unsalted butter, melted
- 1 teaspoon finely grated fresh ginger
- 1/2 lemon, finely zested
Here's how to make them:
- In a bowl, whisk together the flour, brown sugar, baking powder, baking soda, salt and spices. Set aside.
- In a separate bowl, whisk buttermilk, half and half, molasses, eggs, melted butter, fresh ginger and lemon zest until well combined. Slowly whisk in the wet ingredients to the dry ingredients until combined and lump free.
- Heat a lightly greased griddle or nonstick skillet over medium-low heat. Drop the pancakes into the pan by the quarter cup, leaving room to expand. Cook until bubbles form on the surface and it browns on the bottom, 1 to 2 minutes. Carefully flip and repeat. Serve.
Related Products on Amazon We Think You May Like:
30Second Mobile, Inc. is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.