How to Make Brandy Roasted Carrots With Maple-Glazed Apples by Chef Gigi Gaggero
You will never look at carrots the same way again after making this roasted carrots and apples recipe. The brandy elevates it to holiday or dinner party level.
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 6 - 8 large rainbow or regular carrots, peeled and cut lengthwise and again into 3- to 4-inch pieces
- 1 large yellow onion, cut in half and then cut into large julienne strips
- 1/2 cup orange juice
- 3 medium tart apples, cored and sliced into 1/4-inch thick wedges
- 1/4 cup pure maple syrup, preferably light amber, grade-A
- 1/4 cup brandy
- fresh herbs, for garnish
Here’s how to make it:
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F. Lightly coat a large shallow casserole dishes with olive oil. Set aside. (If too small use two separate casserole dishes.)
- In a bowl, toss the carrots and onions with the orange juice, oil, salt and pepper, and brandy. Coat well. Place carrots and onions in baking dish.
- Bake, uncovered, for 30-45 minutes, basting during baking time. Remove from the oven and carefully add the apples, wedging them in throughout the carrots. Drizzle with the maple syrup.
- Return the carrots and apples to the oven and continue baking for an additional 20-30 minutes or until golden brown and slightly crispy at the edges. Adjust seasoning, if desired, with more salt and pepper. Garnish with chopped fresh herbs before serving.
Photo: Sweet and Rustic
Related Products on Amazon We Think You May Like:
Maple Syrup $8 & Up
30Second Mobile, Inc. is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.